I talk about WordPress a lot, here and elsewhere online.
And sometimes I forget that not everyone is a WordPress wonk like me. That plugins and widgets are not, shall we say, everyday ordinary topics of conversation.
Especially if you don’t have a website at all, and you’re thinking you need one, and you’re not sure where to start.
This post is for you.
Step by step
See, there are two steps you need to take before you can even start to build a website. They’re technical steps, but they are well within the reach of anybody reading this blog post (whether you’re reading it on my website, in your email, or in your RSS reader).
Before you can build a website, you need a domain name, and you need web hosting.
If you don’t know exactly what those terms mean, or you (mostly, or sort-of) know what they mean but don’t know how to make decisions about them or how much they cost, I’ve got a gift for you.
Pamela Wilson (of BigBrandSystem.com fame) and I put together this nine-part no-cost series calledÂ Setting Up Your Website the Easy and Smart Way.Â Click to sign up here and youâ€™ll get the first lesson right away!
Hereâ€™s what you’ll learn in the course:
- What to look for in a web host, including a short checklist that will tell you if your budget web host is worth the money
- The #1 web hosting mistake: don’t fall for this trap!
- The elements of a successful domain name and how to pick a winner
- Where to sign up for your domain name: we share our favorite resource
- The industry-standard website creation tools used by some of the most powerful sites on the web today: theyâ€™re accessible to you, too, and we’ll show you where to find them
- The two simple design decisions that will make your website look polished and professional
You’ll receive two exclusive special reports with in-depth information on setting up your website the easy way.
And you’ll get access to our no-cost on-demand class called Love Your Website. It’s a fast-paced, graphic-rich presentation that will walk you through how to get your site up and running, step-by-step.
I can’t wait to share these new resources with you. There’s no cost to you at all, so sign up now and you’ll get the first lesson today.
Free Motivational Posters
Here’s another cool gift for you — and a reason I’m thrilled to be working with someone with advanced ninja-level design skills!
To inspire and encourage you to start your step-by-step journey to an effective website, Pamela created this series of mini posters. Click here to download them. Find the one you like the best, print it out and put it on display where it will motivate you to take the steps needed to LOVE your website.